Kelowna United Coach List 2012 – 2013
|Cam West||David Notte|
|Otto Lohn||Hideaki Arima|
|Luis Aguilar||Randy Schmidt|
|Peter Roberts||Mike Smith|
|Doug Heron||Henk Kampman|
|Chad Bigattini/Kelly Sherman||Jason Neale|
|Tim Carolei||Scott Jacobson|
|Dan Turner||Brenda Dickie|
|Tony Gonzales||Harold Derksen|
|Alan Scholes||Linda George|
|John Del Medico||Jacques Rivet|
We are still accepting applications in the following age groups:
U11 and U12 (both)
Kelowna United Coaching Information
Coaches interested in working with Kelowna United are asked to complete and submit an application form (this includes current coaches applying for reinstatement). Send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
The criteria used to choose coaches includes, but is not limited to:
- Coaching experience
- Playing experience
- Commitment to attend coaching clinics and upgrading certification
**Non-parent coaches will be given additional consideration
- The coach is responsible for the team’s activities both on and off the field, except in those matters he/she properly delegates.
- The coach must appoint an assistant coach to assist with on-field activities and practices and a manager to assist with off-field activitie.
- Coaches will be expected to file a coaching plan with the Technical Director early in the season, to attend a mandatory orientation meeting, and to attend coaching clinics as required throughout the year.
- The coach will work in conjunction with the Technical Director and coaching colleagues to coordinate tryouts and team selections. Two coaches in each age category will make final team selections with assistance from the Technical Director.
- The coach will ensure players follow the club dress code and will maintain responsibility for the conduct of their players on the field and before and after games. Practices should be held at least once a week, and twice a week is encouraged.
- The coach will ensure that all TOYSL and BCSA game regulations are adhered to including the proper completion of game sheets, player card control and filing of results with the league office. Fines resulting from non-adherence to these rules are the responsibility of the team.
- The coach, above all else, will model good sportsmanship and conduct for players and parents when interacting with league and game officials. For more info, see Coach’s Code of Conduct.
- Coaches who do not have a son or daughter on their team will be reimbursed by the team for reasonable expenses for gas, food and lodging while participating in out-of-town tournaments and Provincials.
- Coaches are appointed for up to one year and are expected to adhere to the Coaches’ Code of Conduct and complete an RCMP criminal record every second year (this fee will be reimbursed by KU).