Valley First’s partnership with Kelowna United
At Valley First, our focus is on making a difference financial lives of members and Valley First is also deeply committed to making a meaningful difference in our local communities. That means developing partnerships with groups and organizations like Kelowna United Football Club.
Valley First’s sponsorship of Kelowna United began in 2015 as part of our social mandate to support and encourage the development of young leaders, particularly through health and fitness.
The funds we provide to Kelowna United support equipment upgrades and programs and the Kelowna United Hardship Fund.
We know it is important to not only support but also recognize and celebrate our youth. That’s why in 2016 we created the Valley First Kelowna United Youth Excellence Awards to honour players who were exhibiting leadership qualities on and off the field.
Valley First is proud of the leadership it provides in the community as a premier provider of banking, investment and insurance services for residents and businesses in the Okanagan, Similkameen and Thompson valleys. As a division of First West Credit Union, B.C.’s third-largest credit union with 54 branches and 38 insurance offices throughout the province, Valley First brings innovative products, an extensive branch network and local decision making to the banking experience. We also create programs that create positive impact for our neighbours. In March 2010 we created Feed the Valley. Since its inception, Feed the Valley, along with generous community partners and members, has raised more than $1 million and 71,000 lbs of food for local food banks.
Five reasons to consider Valley First:
- Bank – We offer free day to day banking with unlimited Interac® e-Transfer. For business, we offer Unlimited Chequing for Business™, a $20 per month account with unlimited transactions.
- Borrow – We have been part of the community for more than six decades, even our decision-making for loans is local.
- Insure – We are a full service insurance broker who can help you select the best option for your needs.
- Invest – We are committed to making a difference in the financial lives of our members by understanding you and working with you to find the right fit for you and your family.
- Community – We are proudly invested in our community. In 2015 alone, we contributed or raised over $186,000 to support programs and local initiatives for our Kelowna community and almost $1 million throughout the Okanagan.
For details on everything Valley First, go to valleyfirst.com.
And as a bonus, we have developed another partnership with Kelowna United through Get Your Share affinity program. Receive $50 to support Kelowna United players and receive $200 for yourself by opening a Simply Free Account™ with Valley First. It’s a win-win. Learn more at: http://www.getyourshare.ca/kelownaunited