The Kelowna United High Performance Program is for players of similar skill and passion who want to take their game to the next level. Evaluations are held in mid-July and September for the teams so training can begin after school commences. The program is 10 months with four hours of training per week, including one dedicated Strength and Conditioning session.
Kelowna United has entered into a new partnership with UK-based Peterborough United FC as part of their International Pathway Programme. PUFC is located in Cambridgeshire, England, and competes in the Championship League - the second tier of the English football league.
IPP benefits for our High Performance Program:
- Two HP teams will be selected each year to travel to England to participate in training and games for 7-10 days (costs to be covered by player and fundraising efforts).
- One or two coaches from Peterborough will spend 7-10 days in Kelowna working with players and coaches and hosting a player ID camp.
- Possible training opportunities will be available for players of distinction recommended by KU and audited by PUFC.
- KU staff will have access to the PUFC curriculum.
- KU staff will have the opportunity to spend time working with PUFC coaches and observing training sessions.
Kelowna United prioritizes coach and player development.
- All coaches are selected by our Technical Director through an application process. Many coaches are parents who are then provided the additional training and practice regimen prescribed by BC Soccer and KUFC’s technical staff. Coaches must complete all levels of training required by BC Soccer and attend Coach Training Sessions every three weeks with KU Technical Staff. High Performance Team coaches must complete additional levels of certification above those of Select or House.
- All selected players will have outdoor training in the spring and fall and indoor training during the winter at either our Mission or Rutland Indoor Facilities.
- Practices are twice a week - typically Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs plus an additional Strength and Conditioning session.
- All teams play in a BC Soccer League with League Play April through June. Playdowns occur in late June to determine who will represent our Region at A or B Provincials in early July.
- Provincial Cup level will be determined for each team by the end of May.
- League Games are home and away against each team in our league. Some travel may be required (day trips) depending on which clubs field a team in each age group.
- Teams typically enter two or three tournaments during the season.
- Travel and accommodations for players at the tournaments are arranged by Kelowna United. (Parents who wish to attend must make their own arrangements.)
2022/23 KU High Performance Team fees are approximately $2500 and include:
- Indoor training facility and outdoor field costs.
- Approximately 90 - 120 hours of coaching plus games.
- Transportation and accommodation to tournaments outside of League Play.
- Tournament fees.
- Training kit - two shirts, shorts, two pairs of socks.
- Game kit - shorts, two pairs of socks, use of PUFC jersey for the season.
- League fees.
- Referee costs.
- Game field costs.
- BC Soccer and District Fees.
- Administrative costs.
Fees are collected in installments with post-dated cheques, online credit card payment, or e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first installment of $200 is due on the last evaluation day of your age group.
The remainder can be paid:
- In five installments: one payment of $700 due Oct. 15th, then four payments of $400 due Nov. 15th, Dec. 15th, 2022, and Feb. 15th, Mar. 15th, 2023 .
- In two installments of $1150 on Oct. 1st, 2022 and Mar. 1st, 2023.
- In one payment of $2300 upon final registration.